The organizers of Cows ’n Cabs have released the lineup of chefs for Saturday’s event and it’s a stellar one.
Cows ’n Cabs has grown each year since its 2012 debut and is now one of the area’s premier food and beverage events. Conceived by 4 Rivers Smokehouse founder John Rivers and cohosted by Dave Larue, vice president of ABC Fine Wine & Spirits, Cows ’n Cabs is a fundraiser for After School All-Stars Orlando and Elevate Orlando.
It takes place in Winter Park’s West Meadow across the railroad tracks from Central Park. Originally, it was held under a large tent. It still is, but it has grown so much that several of the participating chefs and beverage vendors are set up outside under the sky. (Saturday’s forecast is for 0% chance of rain with temperatures at about 70 degrees at 7 p.m.; perfect.)
In and around the tent you’ll find such notable chefs as: Yuhi Fujinaga, Morimoto Asia; Kathleen Blake, The Rusty Spoon; Francisco Galeano, Tapa Toro; Vassillis Coumbaros, Taverna Opa; and John Miele, Enzo’s Hideaway. See the full list of chefs below.
Rivers, of course, will be on hand, and it’s always fun to see what he and his team come up with. By the way, despite the name, there is more to eat than cow and more to drink than cab (in fact so much more that you might want to consider taking one to and from the event). In years past, the 4 Rivers folks have presented a whole roasted pig, complete with apple in the mouth.
“The entire 4 Rivers family is looking forward to another great turnout for Cows ‘n Cabs on November 3rd,” Rivers said in a statement. “The event continues to grow each year with the help of our roster of amazing chefs and sponsors and we’re very proud to have donated more than $525,000 to local charities since 2012 and look forward to adding to the number this year.”
In addition to the food and drink, country music recording artist Angie Keilhauer will perform.
VIP entry ($160) for this year’s Cows ‘n Cabs begins at 6 p.m. General admission ($120) is from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Cows ‘n Cabs tickets can be purchased here.
Here’s a video from last year’s event.
Here’s the full list of participating chefs:
4 Rivers Smokehouse and The Coop – Chef John Rivers
· The Sweet Shop – Chef Jenny Herbert
· 1921 by Norman Van Aken – Chef Camilo Velasco
· Bake Me a Cake – Chef Mercedes Strachwsky
· DoveCote – Chef Clay Miller
· Enzo’s Hideaway – Chef John Miele
· Foxtail Coffee Co. – Lain Yeakle
· Hawkers Asian Street Fare – Chef Kariloly Arias
· Hunger Street Tacos- Chef Joseph Creech and Chef David Creech
· K Restaurant – Chef Andrew Fisher
· Luke’s Kitchen and Bar – Chef Brandon McGlamery
· Morimoto Asia – Chef Yuhi Fujinaga
· Peterbrooke Chocolatier – Chef Daniel Lehr
· Pizza Bruno – Chef Bruno Zacchini
· Proper & Wild – Chef Emily Congdon
· Reel Fish Coastal Kitchen + Bar – Chef Mike Zajac
· Reyes Mezcaleria – Chef Wendy Lopez
· Soco Thornton Park –Chef Greg Richie
· STK – Chef Jonathan Fahey
· Tamale Co. – Chef Fernando Tamayo
· Tapa Toro – Chef Francisco Galeano
· Taverna Opa – Chef Vassillis Coumbaros
· Terralina Crafted Kitchen – Chef Justin Plank
· The Glass Knife – Chef Stuart Whitfield
· The Polite Pig – Chef James Petrakis
· The Ravenous Pig – Chef James Petrakis, Chef Julie Petrakis and Chef Nick Sierputowski
· The Rusty Spoon – Chef Kathleen Blake
· Todd English’s Blue Zoo – Chef Jason Wiggin
Win a gift certificate to Big Fin Seafood Kitchen, Tapa Toro, Ravenous Pig or other top restaurants. Text SJO to 66866 or click Scott’s Newsletter on the right side of the page to sign up.