Here’s the recipe for the Lemongrass Shrimp Summer Rolls that chef Greg Richie prepared on Fox35 this morning. Richie will be demonstrating how to make the rolls again Saturday on the ScottJosephOrlando.com Cooking Stage at the Orlando Home Show. Tickets are still available, and I’m still offering them half off: $5 with no restrictions (other discounted tickets restrict you to certain hours). Just go to the Home Show Web site and type SJO where it asks for a promotional code.
Keep reading for Richie’s recipe.
Lemongrass Shrimp Summer Rolls
· 8 oz Shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut in half lengthwise
· 10 pcs rice-paper wrappers
· 4 oz rice stick noodles, boiled and cooled
· 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
· 3 pcs Romaine lettuce, shredded
· 1 each Cucumber, julienned
· 1 stalk Fresh Lemongrass, minced (reserve ½ for sauce)
· 10 leaves Fresh Thai Basil, or regular Basil
· 10 leaves Fresh Mint
Once all ingredients for filling are assembled and prepared, get ready to roll! Dip wrappers in warm water for a few seconds. Lay flat, and put a small amount of each item on rice paper. Roll up them up!
Sauce for dipping:
· ½ cup water
· 2 Tbl fish sauce
· 1 Lime, juiced
· 2 tbsp sugar
· 2 cloves garlic,minced
· 4 stalks scallions, sliced
· reserved lemongrass from above
· 1 pc red Thai chili pepper, minced
· 1 Tbl extra virgin olive oil
Mix all ingredients for sauce in bowl, whisk well.