There are still some tickets available to the huge Jetport Food & Wine Festival Friday night at the Kissimmee Airport. Besides the food and wine that are part of the name, the fest also features a showcase of private jets and luxury cars. And the venue is a hangar transformed for the evening into a lavish nightclub.
The food will be prepared by chefs from some of your favorite local restaurants, including Bice, Luma on Park, Emeril’s Tchoup Chop, Chefs de France, Seito Sushi, The Palm, Circa, Urban Flats and others. Cooking alongside them is a Who’s Who of the culinary world. Just who is who? Here’s a list:
-Daniel Boulud: Owner/Chef, DANIEL, NYC. Named as one of the ten best restaurants in the world, and Chef of the Year by Gourmet magazine
– Jerome Bocuse: Owner, Les Chefs de France, EPCOT. Director, Bocuse d’Or USA
– Norman Van Aken: Owner/Chef, Norman’s, Orlando. Named “One of America’s Top Tables” by Gourmet magazine
– Timothy Hollingsworth: Executive Chef, The French Laundry, Napa. Named as the “Best Restaurant in the World” by Restaurant magazine
– George Perrier: Owner and Founder, Le Bec Fin, Philadelphia. Rated as America’s finest French restaurant and is a long-standing recipient of both the coveted Mobil Five Star and AAA’s Five Diamond awards
– Paul Liebrandt: Chef/Owner, Corton, NYC
– Scott Boswell: Chef/Owner, Stella and Stanley, New Orleans
– David Myers, Chef/Owner, Sona, LA, recipient of a Michelin star and a James Beard nomination for Best Chef Pacific Region
– Gavin Kaysen: Café Boulud, NYC
– James Kent: Eleven Madison Park, NYC
– Paul Bartolotta: Bartolotta Ristorante di Mare, Las Vegas
The event if Friday, April 16, 2010, beginning at 7 p.m. Tickets are $125 with proceeds going to Special Olympics. You can still order online. Click here to go to the official Web site.