Four Flamingos: A Richard Blais Florida Kitchen, the twice-recommended Michelin Guide restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, has introduced some new menu items to the already stellar lineup of creative dishes. They’ve also announced some upcoming specials and events, plus a visit from Blais with special guest Tucker Ricchio, winner of Next Level Chef, season two. More on that in a moment.
Executive chef Shelby Farrell and the able crew at Four Flamingos offered a media tasting of the new menu items. (Click through the gallery below to see the photos and dish descriptions.) My favorites were the Cachapa & Caviar, Red Snapper Piccata, and Waygu Picanha. And the Baked Florida, a twist on Baked Alaska, had a nice Key limey note. (Though you have to admit Baked Florida is a little redundant these days.)
Four Flamingos is not participating in Magical Dining this year but they are offering a similar experience with a special prix fixe menu Aug. 15 through Oct. 1. They’ll have a three-course menu, in partnership with Windermere Wine & Dine, featuring some of the new items plus some of the popular mainstays (the Florida Seafood Moqueca is a favorite) for $65 per person, which is a terrific bargain. You can see the limited time menu at the bottom.
And if you visit Aug. 17 or 19, you can meet Blais and Ricchio. (Blais will be at Taste! Central Florida on the 18th, so you can meet him there, too.)
And here’s something else that’s new: There’s a happy hour menu on weekdays with special prices on bar bites and some of the creative craft cocktails from lead mixologist Kat Gallardo.
You make Wednesdays even happier because they are also family nights, with kids’ meals 50 percent off. Here’s a link to the Four Flamingos kids menu.
Four Flamingos: A Richard Blais Florida Kitchen, is at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, 1 Grand Cypress Blvd., Orlando. It is open for dinner daily. Reservations are strongly recommended. Phone 407-239-3584.
Here’s the prix fixe menu:
Limited Time Prix Fixe Menu
From Aug. 15 to Oct. 1, Four Flamingos will offer a limited time prix fixe menu for $65 per person in partnership with Windermere Wine & Dine. Highlights include:
- Spiny Lobster Bisque with Pineapple Lobster Salad, Datil Oil
- Oxtail and Foie Gras Empanada with Mango Chutney
- Local Burrata Salad with Blistered Tomatoes, Meyer Vinaigrette, Greens
- Upgrade Option – Caviar Taiyaki: cachapa pancake, Italian Osetra, corn crème fraiche
- Snapper Piccata with Sea Beans, Lemon, White Wine, Capers
- Jerked Lamb: 5oz Sirloin, Corn Pudding, Sheep’s Cheese
- Florida Seafood Moqueca with Clams, Rock Shrimp, Fish, Scallop, Squid, Coconut Rice
- Cauliflower Roast with Jerk Glaze, Coconut Spinach, Mustard Caviar
- Upgrade Option – Wagyu Picanha: A4 Australian Steak, Crab Fat Butter, Rapini
- Pineapple Sage Panna Cotta with Ginger Sable, Tropical Fruits
- Black Forest Sphere with Chocolate, Port Wine, Amarena Cherry