Hey, slacker! Yes, you, the one without reservations for Valentine’s Day, also known as February 14th. You know, tomorrow?
I mentioned a few recommendations in the column I wrote a couple of weeks ago — back when you should have been making your reservations. Here are a few more options for you:
HUE is featuring several specials including the Tri-Grilled Lobster Tail with Petit Filet and Scallops, Wild Mushroom, Potato Gratin, Fennel Butter or our Tenderloin Wellington with White Truffle Mash and Grilled Asparagus. For more information or to make reservation visit the website.
Spencer’s for Steaks and Chops will offer a special one-night only Valentine’s menu, in addition to the regular menu. The passion-inspired fare ($68 per person not including tax and gratuity) includes:
· Warm Brandy Poached Lobster, white asparagus, fingerlings, baby greens, shallot vinaigrette, and caviar as a starter
· Passion Fruit Martini Push-Pop, rosewater pearls as an intermezzo
· 6oz Center Cut Natural Filet, chocolate port demi, lavender honey carrots, black trumpet ragout as an entrée
· Morello Chocolate Cake, cherries, roasted meringue, and Champagne float as a dessert
· Add a wine pairing for an additional $18
Lago in Baldwin Park is offering a four-course dinner for two with a bottle of wine for $160 per couple. Take a look at the special menu in this download .
Funky Monkey on Mills has a three-course dinner with choices for $39; credit card required to reserve.
Funky Monkey Pointe is offering its regular menu plus specials.
Prickly Pear- Regular Menu plus specials and credit card required to reserve.
Nick’s Italian Kitchen – Regular menu plus specials; credit card to reserve.
For more information on the Funky Monkeys, Nick’s and Prickly, visit the FMI Restaurant Group website.
Don’t wait any longer or I’ll have to stop calling you slacker and start calling you loner.