A smorgasbord of bits and tids.
- An Italian restaurant called Tre Bambine is slated to move into the space vacated last year by Spice Modern (also formerly the Lake Eola Yacht Club). The restaurant has one of the most alluring outdoor patios, at top (and almost certainly would have been a contender in our current Best Outdoor Dining Foodster Award category). Orlando Weekly’s Faiyaz Kara says the restaurant will feature Italian street food. I’m hoping for a trippa panino. Too soon to even think about an opening date.
- Hawkers Asian Street Fare (are we tired of street food yet?) will open its second local location April 18 at The Grove, 100 S. Conroy-Windermere Road, Orlando.
- Foxtail Coffee has opened will open a new location April 4 in Altamonte Springs at 478 N. State Road 434. That’s near the intersection with S.R. 436.
- Morimoto Asia is in the midst of Sakura Festival, which celebrates the arrival of spring and the cherry blossoms. I have not seen any cherry blossoms in my garden so far, but that’s not going to stop the celebration. Upcoming events include:
• Late night whiskey pairing and bites with Suntory – March 23
• Seas of Japan 101- March 30
• Ramen Seminar and Tasting – April 7
• Matsuri Festival – April 15
More information at the Sakura Festival page.
- Chef Collab Dinner at Ravenous Pig — Sunday, March 25, James & Julie Petrakis along with Nick Sierputowski welcome chef Frank Anderson of The Rez Grill at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa for a five-course dinner at the Winter Park restaurant. The dinner will feature Frog Song Organics and Border Springs Lamb. Tickets are available by calling 407-628-2333 for $125++ per person.
- Norman’s at the Ritz-Carlton is hosting a Bordeaux Wine Dinner Saturday, April 7, beginning with a cocktail reception at 7 p.m. Contact the restaurant to reserve.
- Beard in Baldwin — The second, though not quite annual, Beard in Baldwin event is Saturday, April 14, 2018, 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. It’s a Town Center walkabout with food and beverages from the likes of K Restaurant, Highball & Harvest, Hunger Street Tacos, Pizza Bruno and hosted by Osprey Tavern. Tickets are $110 per person and can be purchased at BeardinBaldwin.com. Proceeds benefit the James Beard Foundation National Scholars Program.